Ok, so you may have given your pops some lackluster gifts for father’s day in your younger years. There was the baby blue “Greatest Dad” T-shirt, then came the snuggie in official NASCAR colors. And for good measure, to prove you were the worst gift picker ever, you topped it off with a Duck Dynasty Themed Monopoly game. Your dad still loves you I am certain, but just to keep that bond, you better level up in the gift department. Here are 10 great Father’s Day gifts for under a C-note.
1. Motherboard Computer Geek Handmade iPhone 4 4S Full Hard Plastic Case – Let your dad fly that geek flag with this cool iphone case. Whether he is a true geek or a newbie to smart phones, he will appreciate the unique gift. Only about $20 including shipping, so cost is not a big issue.
2. Removable Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 – Turn your tablet into a more powerful device with a simple keyboard. The Bluetooth feature is great for using the tablet away from yourself, like when playing music or typing some quick notes that don’t need editing.
3. Philips DOT Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker Splash Proof – Great sounds are not just for dry activities. You can take this cool speaker around the pool or on your boat and not worry about water damage…unless you drop it in the H20. A name you can trust in Philips that will give good service to your dad. You can also make hands free phone calls with this little unit.
4. Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker Meat Thermometer Set – If your dad is so busy in his life that he does not have time to walk up to the smoker to check the temperature on his smoked meat, then this long range temp checker is for him. He can watch a marathon of “Game of Thrones” and not move off the couch until his supper is well done.
5. Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player – Your daddy may not be the most tech savvy guy but anyone can figure out this Google device. Plug it into the HDTV and the rest is simple. He has worked hard to clothe, feed, and protect you. He deserves a little break while watching some streaming TV shows.
6. Amazon Fire TV – Another easy way to give your father the gift of streaming video. Amazon Fire TV has some cool features including voice search. If your dad is like mine, he does not use the keyboard at all on his smart phone….he loves to use the voice control feature. That explains some weird text messages.
7. Kindle – This little e-reader is still one of the best tech devices on the market, and at only $70 it is a steal. It does not have all the bells and whistles of color tablets, but the simplicity is what makes it so fantastic. I will always use my kindle, no matter how much tablets continue to add features.
8. Garmin nüvi 50LM 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps – Yes they still make GPS devices. I know we all use our smart phones for travel now, but do you think your dad is going to use his phone to talk and navigate his trip at the same time? It took you three years to convince him to throw away his flip phone. He needs a stand alone GPS unit to make things simpler.
9. NorCross HawkEye F33P Fish Finder – A fish finder for under $100…..a great deal for a great outdoorsman. Your dad will appreciate this gift more than any other that your siblings may try to hand to him. If the guy loves fishing, then his hobby will get a bit easier with this hand held fish finding sonar device.
10. Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision – Your dad will have no problem finding a use for this video camera. He can monitor his home, shop, or equipment from afar. The uses are endless and the features on this camera are many, which include motion detection.